找回密码
 Register
搜索
查看: 25575|回复: 13

【兵棋评测】经典入门古战——VPG《古代战争豪华版》

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-8-23 16:21:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 yucv2006 于 2016-8-25 15:08 编辑

入手这个游戏之后,本人翻译了规则,也写了一篇评测,现在把评测也分享给大家!这个是本人准备发到BGG的英文评测,中文评测在百度,由于百度抽风,所以先放出英文的,稍后更新中文的。BGG的链接地址:https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23513661,希望大家多过去顶一下本人,让世界认识中国玩家!

Hi, everyone! I am a novice wargame player and translator in China, this is my 1st English game review. Plus English is not my native language, so if there is any grammar or spelling mistake, please forgive me. I just purchased a full set of this game and really enjoy it! Now let's rock and roll.

<Ancient Battles Deluxe> (it is referred as ABD hereinafter for short) is wargame published by VPG whose subject is mainly about ancient battles, the ages covered in this game is from ancient to the time before the involvement of gunpowder (early gunpowder battles are added by the 3rd Expansion of this game ). With such a broad age coverage, so the design of all the units in this game is in a universal style, such as Light Infantry, Middle Infantry or Heavy Infantry etc.. When actual playing the campaigns of this game, the games need some imagination to consider these universal unit into the corresponding one of the certain age. I would rather to say this is more a generic system than a specific game. Therefore after playing several games, the games can call the "formula" of this game and create any ancient or medieval battles by themselves. Currently ABD already get 6 expansions: 1st Exp Elephant, 2nd Exp Hell Horseman, 3rd Exp Gunpowder, 4th Exp Arts of the War, 5th Exp Create Your Own, 5.1 Exp Samurai; there are total 84 battles published officially by VPG now, some of them are originated from ancient China which makes Chinese gamer fresh about it. The range of the battles is also very wild, not along some classic battles by Caesar, Richard or Oda in Japan. It's a really meaty game considering such a huge number of battles.

Thus how does this system work? Let's have a look at its Game Sequence: every turn is divided into 8 phases, don't be scared by that, in fact there are only 4 phases which are relatively complicated, the gamer can grasp that with a short time of learning. Firstly, the player in both sides shall roll 1D6 and refer to a command table to get the basic command points (for short it will be called CP afterwards), then combined the CP generated by the leaders who are still alive in that battle to obtain the final CP of that turn. Secondly, each player shall place his available leaders on the map to stack them with any units they like; this stacking status will be continuously in effect until the end of turn.  Thirdly, both sides roll 1D6 for determination of initiative, but the loser can spend 1 CP to seize the initiative back, and then the other side can also do the same until one side give up or exhaust all the CP. Then the battle moves in to core action phases, each player shall spend this remaining CP to activate the single unit or a group of eligible units (called formation in the game) to conduct MOVE, FIRE, and RALLY action.  

Because normally the available CP is 3~6, after expenditure in initiative phase, the remaining CP are very precious. Therefore to utilize the formation effect generated by Leaders stacking with unit, i.e. group activation is very effective and significant, that's the reason why the player should have deep contemplation about the leader's placement.

As I have mentioned in above, both players can activate units by expending CP, but this process is done in a alternate way, and the other side can select to pass, if continuous pass happened, all the unspent CP will be ignored and the battle proceeds into the next turn, we could say it's a simple variation of IgoUgo system but very smooth and fast. After the action phase is the melee phase where all the eligible units can initiate melee attack to its object with expenditure of CP, this process is conduct similarly as action phase where both plays declear and resolve the melee combat alternately and end after continuous pass. Then the battle will move into next turn. When any unit is eliminated, it will result a certain level of panic to the army, the value is equal to its normal combat rating. When the panic level is accumulated to the specified level in the scenario, that side will plunge into a panic status with short term and long term negative effect. The short term effect is that all the good order units will flip to its disorder side, the long term effect is more frightening, your opponent can spend CP to command your disordered units to conduct a panic move, in which the disordered units will try to escape from the battle and incur disorder of other units on its route. I think this design is strikingly interesting.

It is said in another article from the forum that the melee resolution method is changed from odd based CRT into a 1D6 calculation. Don't take it for granted that the new resolution method is more on luck basis, it's totally not like that. For melee resolution, the units will compare its Final Melee Value (FMV). The FMV of attacker = 1D6 + Combat Advantage + Terrain Effect + Attacking Vector, the FMV of defender = 1D6 + Combat Advantage + Terrain Effect; for combat advantage, it an odd between the modified combat value of the fighting units, normally 1~3. Let me take an example for an  easy explanation: assume there is MI unit with 4 combat rating and stacked with Combat +1 leader and combat X 2leader, then attack a LI unit from the rear who is garrisoned in forest and stacked with a combat X 1 leader, the attacker 1D6 = 4, defender 1D6 = 3, thus we can know that the modified combat value of the MI is (4+1)* 3 = 15;the modified combat value of the LI is 2*2 = 4, so the combat advantage earned by attacker is 15/4=3.75 and rounded down to 3. Finally, the FMV of attacker is 4 + 3 + 4 (bonus of attacking from rear ) = 11, the FMV of defender is 3 + 1 (terrain effect of forest) = 4. After resulting to the combat formula, we get to know the result is Defender Disorder! The whole process only requires a 1D6 plus 2 very easy calculations, what a clever and fast method! The other advantage of the battle resolution in this game is its possibility also conforms to the actual situation in ancient battles.

At last, I think the biggest feature of this game is: flexible, simple, fast-paced and interactive. Lots of scenarios for selection and customized campaign make the game very flexible; the gamer can experience any of his favorite age or battles as his own wish. The game flow is not complex, the resolution of fire and melee is also simple, although it looks like that there are 12 pages of rules need to be understood, in fact when the player get familiar with the system, the only thing he required for playing is a small piece of player aid, so this game is very suitable for the introductory purpose. Normally one game can be completed within 1 hour that means the player can use some small piece of time to play one scenario. In addition, the varied IgoUgo system reduces the waiting time of non-phasing player dramatically which is very interactive and engaging. As for the disadvantage, I would say that covers too large eras so that it has too compromise between the compatibility and simulation effect, that means maybe some campaign is not played exactly as the actual condition. I heard one sentence review game: it's a player oriented game rather than a simulation oriented game, I can't accept that any further.

Finally, I really would like to recommend this game to the novice wargame player, let's enjoy this excellent system. If any other fans of this game want to play this game, we can play together by Vassal! Thank you all!

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?Register

评分

参与人数 1金币 +20 收起 理由
无趣无聊 + 20 内容好顶赞!

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2016-8-23 17:50:19 | 显示全部楼层
《古代战争豪华版》(以下简称ABD)是由VPG发行的一款的以古代战争为题材的兵棋,其涵盖的年份包括古代一直到火枪时代之前(3扩中加入了早期火枪的战役),由于年份跨度比较大,因此游戏中所有的单位全部是通用设计,如轻步兵LI、中步兵MI、重步兵HI、将领Leader,玩家需在实际推演时,根据所玩的战役自行脑补将这些通用单位替换为对应的单位。或者说这款游戏更加像一个通用的系统,玩家只需要根据战役的情况自行套用,就可以自定义从古代到火枪时代的任何战役。目前ABD已经发行了6个扩展:1扩象兵、2扩蒙古骑兵、3扩火药、4扩兵法、5扩随机战生成包、5.1扩日本战国,官方公布的剧本有84个战役,当中甚至有商周牧野之战、晋楚鄢陵之战等等来自中国的战役,其他诸如大帝凯撒、狮心王理查德、魔王信长的经典战役就更不用说了,可以说内容是十分详实的。

那么这个系统到底怎么样呢?首先我们来看一下游戏流程:游戏在每个回合中一共分为8个阶段,不要被它迷惑了,实际上也就4个阶段需要认真学习,其实并不复杂。首先玩家要投1D6并结合自己的将领生成本回合的指挥点CP,然后再将自己的将领放到地图上与其他单位堆叠,回合结束后再把存活的将领回收到手上。然后双方掷骰子确定主动权,但是失败的一方可以花费1CP夺回主动权,然后对方也可以再度夺回,直至有一方放弃或CP耗尽。接下来进入行动环节,玩家要支付剩余的CP,激活单位或编队执行行动:移动、远射、重整,由于CP的数量通常也就3~6,再加上可能因为夺取主动权产生的消耗,因此显得十分珍贵,这个时候充分利用将领堆叠时附带的编队效果来进行复数单位行动的重要性就得以体现了,即玩家在之前的将领放置阶段一定要仔细考虑。

在行动阶段中,双方玩家是交替使用CP激活单位的,也可以直接Pass,如果连续Pass的话,所有剩余CP作废,直接进入下个回合,也就是说本作是IGOUGO系统的一种简单变体。行动阶段结束之后,双方进入近战阶段,若存在敌军位于我方单位的控制区内,即可对其发动近战,近战的发动无需CP,结算完成之后,和行动阶段一样,由对手选择符合要求的单位执行近战,近战过程同样可以Pass,当大家连续Pass之后,近战阶段结束,游戏即将进入下个回合。单位被消灭之后,会产生一定的恐慌等级,其数值等于该单位的战斗力,当恐慌等级积累到一定程度时,将进入全军恐慌状态,正常单位全部变为混乱状态,同时对手在行动阶段,还能使用CP执行恐慌移动——即指挥你的恐慌单位移动逃跑!另外就是将领被全灭之后,也会陷入全军恐慌,这个设计还是有点意思的。

近战的结算方式据BGG文章说有所改动,旧版本依旧采用基础战力比的CRT表格,而新版本则采用VPG常见的掷1D6比大小方式。是不是听起来全看运气?然而并不是这样。近战单位要比较的是最终近战值,攻击方最终近战值 = 攻方1D6 + 战力优势 + 地形效果 + 攻击角度,防守方最终近战值 = 守方1D6 + 战力优势 + 地形效果 ;所谓战力优势,是指双方修正近战力之比,大多数情况在1~2之间。举个例子来说吧,一个基础战力为4的重步兵单位,与战力+1和战力X2的将领堆叠,在平地上从背后驻守在森林基础战力为2的轻步兵单位发动近战,该步兵有一个战力X1的将领指挥,若攻击方1D6=4,防守方1D6=3,那么攻击方修正后近战力为 (4+1)* 3 = 15;防守方修正后近战力为2*2=4,则攻击方获得战力优势15/4=3.75,取整之后为3;那么攻击方最终近战值 = 4 + 3 + 4(背后攻击加成)=11,防守方最终近战值 = 3 + 1(森林效果) = 4, 结果为守方混乱。整个过程仅需投1D6,然后2次简单的四则运算即可,非常省事!而且相关的概率也比较符合古代战争的实际情况,具体请参考下表,来自BGG。

这款游戏最大的特点在于:灵活、简单、快速,互动。大量的剧本选择余地以及自定义战斗的方式,让游戏显得十分灵活,玩家可以随心所欲的体验自己喜欢的时代或剧本,只需要稍稍脑补一下即可。游戏的流程并不复杂,射击、近战的结算也十分容易,虽然规则较多,但是学会之后真正需要的只是一小张玩家辅助板,比较适合新人上手,同时游戏时间可以控制在50分钟左右,也就是说茶余饭后都可以来个一盘。另外就是游戏采用了变体的IGOUGO系统,非行动玩家等待的时间大大缩短,因此互动性也不错。你要说缺点的话,个人认为ABD跨越的年代太多,为了兼顾通用性,肯定在某些战役的拟真性上有缺失。借用YouTube兵棋大神的一句话:ABD更多的是Player Perspective而不是Simulation Perspective!

本作适合人群:重视游戏性,不太介意某些真实性上问题,同时游戏时间碎片化的新人(本人已经重新翻译了中规并制作了一个简单的入门手册)和中度玩家!至于游戏的配件怎么样,请大家继续往下看开箱贴!

本帖子中包含更多资源

楼主| 发表于 2016-8-23 17:53:27 | 显示全部楼层
下面就请欣赏一下本人的开箱图吧:

本帖子中包含更多资源

发表于 2016-8-23 23:10:35 | 显示全部楼层
VPG的棋入门简单就是贵啊
发表于 2016-8-28 15:31:28 | 显示全部楼层
请问一套收全是要多少钱?
发表于 2016-8-28 21:38:33 | 显示全部楼层
oldsnake 发表于 2016-8-28 15:31
请问一套收全是要多少钱?

大概是一千三四吧,本体加扩。
 楼主| 发表于 2016-8-28 22:20:44 | 显示全部楼层
oldsnake 发表于 2016-8-28 15:31
请问一套收全是要多少钱?

其实,初玩者只需要基础+12扩,600元左右,就足够玩下去啦~
发表于 2016-8-29 20:43:27 | 显示全部楼层
龙猫炒饭 发表于 2016-8-28 21:38
大概是一千三四吧,本体加扩。

谢谢! 看来扩一个大约一百多的样子。
发表于 2016-8-29 20:44:03 | 显示全部楼层
yucv2006 发表于 2016-8-28 22:20
其实,初玩者只需要基础+12扩,600元左右,就足够玩下去啦~

谢谢!现在好像是出到五扩的样子?
发表于 2016-9-1 11:56:31 | 显示全部楼层
oldsnake 发表于 2016-8-29 20:43
谢谢! 看来扩一个大约一百多的样子。

嗯呐。
它的5扩和5.1扩目前好像是断货的状态。
其实基本上有个本体就可以玩很好了,扩加全基本上也是满足收集癖。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | Register

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Velonica

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 07:46 , Processed in 0.073944 second(s), 23 queries .